Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy 2008!

Ok, wishing you a happy new year a little late - but better late than never, right? :o) What has everyone been up to? I have been doing a lot of sewing! Cabbage Patch kid clothes that is! I started crocheting a top for my daughters cabbage patch and I wanted to sew some pants to go with it, well then I went and sewed a top for her also! I've made about 4 outfits now, and have started selling them on eBay! I just started, so no purchases yet, but it's fun creating clothing for something smaller than my girls - it just gets done so much faster! However, with the Dora clothing for my 4 yr olds doll, I have a feeling I will be making her a set to match because she just loves Dora. Wouldnt that be cute? A matching outfit for "mommy and her baby"?

I have done pooh bear and dora so far. In the works (meaning the sleeves are done, now working on the ruffles for the shirt), are a Care Bears set, and a teddy bear set.





Leave me a message and let me know your daughter's favorite character! Does she have a 16" or 18" doll? Doesnt have to be a cabbage patch, it can be any doll that size.

Taking cue from miss Ginger, from those who leave a message here with their daughter's (or niece, or granddaughter's) favorite character could win a doll outfit for her doll! It could be a shirt and pants set, or a nightgown set. I will draw a name on January 19th to win a customized doll clothing set.

Let me hear what you've got!

3 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

My daughter is 7 now and loves cabbage patch dolls. She was pretty excited when my father cleaned out some storage and found a boxful of cabbage patch dolls that were mine when I was a kid.

She used to love Dora, but seems to have forgotten about her.

The sewing projects look awesome. I want to learn to sew so badly! What kind of sewing machine would you recommend to start?

January 9, 2008 at 5:00 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Sorry, I totally forgot to mention what her fav character is. She really likes care bears and pooh...any kind of bear, really. She's very much into a bear stage! She has both 16" and 18" dolls.

As for the video of you sewing, that would be awesome if you have the time. I know you're super busy, but it would be great!

Oh yeah, I showed my hubby your email about the work from home thing you do and he's interested in doing it. He's a stay at home dad and it would help us quite a bit. Sorry I've been so slow in getting back to you on that.

January 9, 2008 at 6:33 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

My 4 year old son loves his 16 year old sister boy cabbage patch . He considers it his "buddy" and drags him in the sand box, on his battery lightning McQueen car and into mud puddles galore. I know it isn't for a girl but if I would win, a Go Diego or sponge bob pattern would be AMAZING!

I LOVE your creativity! I am new to crochet and your hook work is awe inspiring...

Tammy

February 6, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home