Sunday, July 1, 2007

My Little Gymnasts

My girls are entering this gymnastics season as Level 5 gymnasts and will be competing at sectionals and will try to qualify for state. Along with that are also regular (non sanctioned) meets to give them the practice for the sanctioned meets. For both girls to compete it will cost us up near $2,000. If they dont compete, we still have to pay coaches fees for the meets and whatnot. Their leotards and warm up suits (which are required) alone cost us $700 for both girls. My girls work hard at practice and there's no better way to award their hard work but to let them go to competitions.







As a young girl, I was not given the opportunities to do the things that we are now giving our girls. Any sport they want to try, we want to be able to give them that opportunity. But it sure can get expensive! My husband was a football player in high school, he knows the dedication and hard work it takes. He says that being able to play the games was the icing on the cake. There was no reason to work hard in practice if he didnt get to play the game. Same goes for the girls in gymnastics. There's no reason for them to do their best, give that dedication, and work hard if there is nothing to benefit from it. If they have to watch their friends compete and win awards and medals, and not be in it themselves as well.

Anyhow, I have been working hard on getting patterns out and working on client's website updates to be able to put that money aside for their gymnastics costs. My youngest daughter is also in gymnastics and as soon as she turns 5, she will be straight to level 4 and competing also - if she's still interested in it by then. Even if my girls move on out of gymnastics, there are still other sports (including dance class) that the girls want to try. Gymnastics is a year round sport, they are always practicing and learning new techniques.

I hope to put together a website for our gymnastics team, Vandenberg AFB Jets Gymnastics. If not, then a website for my girls for the team. Right now we are looking for sponsors for the team to try to cut down the costs of the season's fees. I hate to ask for donations for this, so the patterns that I sell are now going to help pay for my girls gymnastics. I wasnt using that money in the past for that because we werent sure where we were going with gymnastics. But now that the girls are working hard for this next season, any extra money I make from patterns and web design will go toward this season - unless of course we get enough sponsors to support their cost this year.

Im going to work on getting a website put up for them. If you would like to support my girls or the team, let me know! :o)

Thanks for listening to me!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

wow! Awesome! You must be so proud! I have a level 4 and a level 3 gymnists but we are at a cross roads and not sure if they want to commit to the time as they want to do so many activities...oh well..time will tell!

July 1, 2007 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Chelle, I recently found your blog and web page with your patterns. Just wanted to say that I love your designs! I made your water bottle holder and my 6 year old loves it. I'm going to be buying a few of your patterns soon as well.

-christina

July 2, 2007 at 5:19 AM  
Blogger belle7171 said...

I love your patterns - my daughter is wearing a halter top from your site today. Good luck with the gymnastics and I'll be following your pattern updates with anticipation!

July 2, 2007 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger ~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK with gymnastics! All of your girls are just beautiful. I wish them the best on their competitions. :-)

July 2, 2007 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I just love your patterns, and will most likely buy some if you put them up for sale.

Good luck to your girls, btw. I admire the dedication, both yours and your girls'!

July 12, 2007 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, how can we buy patterns?

July 12, 2007 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Kellycat said...

Click on her link for Luv 2 Crochet Designs. That should do it.

I hope I didn't speak out of turn Chelle.

The girls are getting so big, and it is nice that they are getting paid for their hard modeling job for Mommy. LOL

July 13, 2007 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thank you all! Kelly, thank you for pointing her in the right direction :)

July 13, 2007 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

Hi,

I'm Rachel's sister and she pointed me to your site. She is more of a knit-addict than crochet but Ms. Multi-talented can do both! :) I have been crocheting for many years but have only done the simpler patterns due to time. I am SOOOO excited to get back into it and find that there are so many cool, "non-granny-ish" (no offense to the sweet grannies out there) patterns. Look forward to checking out your patterns and helping contribute to your little girls' gymnastic success! :) Stop by our blog some time...to drop me a line. Thanks, Angie from tuttletime.blogspot.com

July 16, 2007 at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home